Dear Governor’s Early Literacy Foundation Friends,
My name is Booker, and I am Governor’s Early Literacy Foundation’s mascot and favorite owl friend. Thank you so much for helping me find my name. I love the name Booker because I love books and reading! I am so excited to represent Governor’s Early Literacy Foundation in their work to strengthen early literacy in Tennessee. I cannot wait for all of the fun reading adventures!
Watch this great video to learn more about what we do at Governor’s Early Literacy Foundation…
As I get introduced all over Tennessee, I wanted to take a moment to tell you a little bit about myself.
Here are some fun facts about me:
- Type: Great Horned Owl (also known as the “Tiger Owl” or “Hoot Owl”)
- Length (Height): 22″
- Weight: About 3 lbs
- Wingspan: 44″
- Hoot: Five or six low-pitched, quivering hoots
- Birthplace: Henry Horton State Park
- Where You Can Find Me: Flying through Tennessee’s hills and mountains, forests, agricultural areas and urban woodlands
- Hobbies: Reading, Hiking Storybook Trails, riding on Book Buses, relaxing in my nest and playing all sports
- Favorite Book: Little Owl’s Night by Divya Srinivasan
- Favorite Food: Field mice, Tootsie Pops, barbecue and hot chicken
- Favorite Subjects: Aviation, Owlgebra and AP Literature
- Favorite Movie: Legend of the Guardians: The Owls of Ga’Hoole or Harry Potter
- Favorite Music: Bluegrass
- Favorite Song: “Rocky Top”
- Hidden Talents: Square dancing, star gazing, board games, word searches, puzzles and brain teasers
- What I Want to Be When I Grow Up: Owl figure it out and explore a lot of different careers in Tennessee
I love being an owl in Tennessee, and I am so excited to meet all of you and represent Governor’s Early Literacy Foundation. I think of myself as a bit of a thought leader and catalyst to build lifelong learners in Tennessee. I cannot wait to spend more time with all of you as we work together to strengthen early literacy in Tennessee.
See you soon!